Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis was the OG definition of 'creep', least around my way.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12743090&mesg_id=12743469
12743469, this was the OG definition of 'creep', least around my way.
Posted by poetx, Thu Mar-05-15 04:37 PM
back when Luther's song was out.

the 'creep move' was the jawn that you wasn't necessarily tryna be seen w/ by day. for all of the above. "creep creep creep CREEEP" (c) loofa

cats would be like, "oh, don't think i ain't see you after the house party creepin' w/ loretta".

but now bill cosby ass ni&&as done effed up the semantics and v. 'to creep' means you on some pervy/weird/stalkerish/ped/deviant shit.

that should be a sidebar, how slang meanings can deviate crazy over time.

i used to think some shit was universal, adn one of the first social pieces of college life was sorting out our synonyms for different stuff.

side side note: for the longest we called hooping 'balling'. and one time me and my uncle reg (who is 3 yrs older than me, so he was really more like a big brother to me) were talking about going to the court around my uncle phillip, and we mentioned something about ballin and dude's eyes got all wide. then he explained that back in his day (60's i guess) that meant having sex.

NOOOO that's not what the fk we was tawmbout. he knew it via context, but as i'm now older, i can see how his association w/ the language was fixed, so it was jarring for him to hear a familiar term w/ a completely different connotation.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad