Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah, digestion is largely a mystery and a moving target, it seems
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12742992&mesg_id=12743375
12743375, Yeah, digestion is largely a mystery and a moving target, it seems
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Mar-05-15 03:22 PM
That said, experiment on your own and really study what you take in and how you react.

I didn't have IBS but I had a weird digestive issue a couple years ago and at the worst time. I was losing my appetite and experiencing constant discomfort but without any gas, diarrhea or other such symptoms. I cut things out of my diet slowly, started taking digest/repair gold supplements and getting tests to see if any enzymes were deficient. most of the numbers were good but i took kind of a catch-all enzyme therapy just in case.

simplifying my diet for a while (basically ate grilled fish and sometimes shrimp or chicken) helped immensely. i gradually integrated some bread and dairy back into my diet. there is this stuff called HCL with pepsin that also helped me, i still take it now, actually. now my digestive health is great, no discomfort, very regular, etc. i don't know if this same regimen will work for you, but i had to play guess-and-check because doctors just gave me stuff for common disorders i didnt have and kept ordering empty tests. my (now ex) girlfriend that i met soon after had a similar experience; like they wanted to give a 20-year-old girl a colonoscopy. i joked with her that i would be the only one rooting around in her ass, and we proceeded to reduce her stress levels, change her diet slightly and use a couple natural supplements (probiotics, mild fiber, HCL) to get her on track. she hasn't had any problems since.