Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think it may be a matter of time, degree of abuse.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12742992&mesg_id=12743020
12743020, I think it may be a matter of time, degree of abuse.
Posted by initiationofplato, Thu Mar-05-15 10:47 AM
I used to be overweight when I was young and I overate a lot. Not only that, I ate a ton of acidic and spicy foods. I would literally flood anything I ate with the hottest sauce I could find, only to bury it with copious amounts of alcohol and caffeine. I used to think I had an iron stomach as I could drink anyone under the table and have room for food, and I never got sick or trhew up. It did not matter how much I ate or drank.

However, IBS issues, gluten and lactose intolerance is on the rise, as is diabetes.

That *has* to do something with our food production. Also, our societies are high stress inducing as well. People like to "eat on the go" and they do everything in a "New York minute" but maybe that is not how our bodies are built. We evolved from tree climbing primates that would chillax for most of the day, eating nothing but fruit. Is it not possible we are over taxing a system that is not ready for so much chemical/meat consumption, or that our bodies are simply rejecting the food we process/genetically modify?

Thank you. It's hell.