Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDo women speak out against rape aggressively enough?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12740694&mesg_id=12740694
12740694, Do women speak out against rape aggressively enough?
Posted by PROMO, Tue Mar-03-15 12:21 PM
Hear me out: I know women speak out every day against rape, but I was listening to this story of this Duke basketball player who allegedly sexually assaulted two female students but they never reported it to the university or to the police, and it got me to thinking that if their stories were true what I'd do in that situation.

I felt like if I was one of those women and I was raped that not only would I be speaking out about it, but I'd be doing so in a much more adamant and aggressive tone than what I generally hear. I'd probably hold a press conference and say something along the lines of "not only did this walking piece of shit rape me, but if the justice system doesn't do something about it then I will." I just feel like we always have these stories where the women are very quiet and demure about the whole situation. I think women should be MORE outwardly angry when this happens like, "yo this shit is fucked up!!!"

Female rape victims always want men to understand their plight better, and I think that approach is something that men can understand a lot more clearly than the current way most of these situations play out. It's more visceral and that usually connects with men better.

Do you think women who came at it like that would be judged more than they already are via the "she was asking for it" type of dickheads out there? I think their clear anger and outrage would speak loudly to those people who react like that.

Ladies, please feel free to come school me. Not trying to be insensitive with this post. Rape is fucked up, and if it happened to me I'd be going HARD to right the wrong and making sure people knew what a wrong it was. This is how I'd like to think I'd react but the reality could be way different if I was in the situation.