Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah. Men seem largely oblivious to their failures on this front.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12740603&mesg_id=12741201
12741201, Yeah. Men seem largely oblivious to their failures on this front.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Mar-03-15 05:23 PM
I’d say this tends to manifest differently in men and women

Each seems to have particular tendencies with this, but anyone saying this is strictly a female thing is delusional. To me ‘nice guy who wants hot girl who wants bad boy’ and ‘girl who wants guy that other women want’ are pretty much the same.

Granted those are two generic archetypes used as primary examples, but people in general can have some truly fucked up ways of measuring prospective partners and can be petty as all hell when it comes to what disqualifies someone from contention. I will say I’ve seen more of the petty disqualifications come at the hands of women than men, but I’m a man and generally less likely to see quite as many from the female perspective.

I’ve seen women disqualify men because they still eat Cap’n Crunch, which is borderline un-American if you ask me. I can’t think of a single instance where a guy I knew dumped a girl for some shit like that, but again, I’m again a guy so I’d naturally see less of it from the female perspective.