Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyes - as a general rule, I don't spend much money on a 1st date
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12739526&mesg_id=12739598
12739598, yes - as a general rule, I don't spend much money on a 1st date
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Mar-02-15 01:33 PM
for a few reasons:

~the most important purpose of a first date is to assess the energy and determine if there is a mutual spark - if not - no amount of money or fineness will compensate for that

~I do not want to put forth any notions that I am trying to impress with the amount of money I spend on a first date, nor am I trying to prove a point that I got it like that, as if that's what she's trying to determine on a first date, we won't work out anyway. In fact, one of my biggest turn-offs is when a woman suggests a super ritzy restaurant for a 1st date.

~I don't want to be pinned to a long, drawn out event/dinner on a first date. In the event that there is horrible chemistry, spending 2-3 hours small-talking and pretending to be interested is torture.

To me, the first ideal date is a walk in a park, a coffee/tea house, or some other venue where you can either stay for hours or leave within 30 mins. without it being particularly odd.

Best 1st dates I've had have cost between $0-$15

After mutual interest has been determined, I'm much more inclined to spend more time/money on a second date.

-->