Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFair enough - just voicing a commonly held opinion.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12739376&mesg_id=12741838
12741838, Fair enough - just voicing a commonly held opinion.
Posted by TheAlbionist, Wed Mar-04-15 11:20 AM
If it's any consolation, I find political canvassers, realtors and double-glazing salesmen very nearly as annoying... as if I hadn't heard of your party or noticed that I needed a whole new set of windows until you knocked on my door...

Home is home IMHO, it's supposed to be private. Sure, some people live their lives with open doors and I'm sure that's wonderful, but many people go home when they want to be cloistered from the outside world. Away from work stress, away from unsolicited interruption... just you, your family and friends that were invited over. Unless you're a delivery man or checking the electricity meter, you're going to have to have a really good reason to burst the weekend bubble and not catch a little bit of snark. Telling me about a God I am told about every day in some way or another really isn't a good enough one.

Canvas for your politics or religion in the street - no problem with that whatsoever.