Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyour explanation was incoherent. let me correct you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12739024&mesg_id=12740609
12740609, your explanation was incoherent. let me correct you.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Mar-03-15 11:13 AM
For one i wasnt even talking about the fuckin Roman Empire, i was talking about the Church of Rome, which had primacy over the Church of Alexandria. If you had any comprehensional ability, my intentional use of "successors to st peter" would hace tipped you off to that.

For two, the pentateuch came from the Israelites and was written during the babylonian exile. Not in egypt with the greeks.

For three, the septuagint was nothing but a greek translation of the talmud for Hellenistic Jews. Written by Jews for Jews, commissioned by the Greek king of egypt Ptolemy II. Not "egyptian priests".

For four, the early african christians were part of the same Christianity as the church of Rome and the Church of Antioch. They did NOT predate the papacy of St. Peter, the founder of the Church of Rome. Peter's papacy began in 30 AD. Coptic tradition holds that the Church of Alexandria was founded in 42 AD. So by that Math, your "original" Christians predate the papacy of St. Peter by *negative* 12 years. The Christian church maintained its cohesiveness through the Council of Nicea in 325 which reinforced the primacy of the Church of Rome, led by the successors to...ST PETER. In 451, the churches you speak of broke away from the leadership of the Bishop of Rome for 2 reasons. One of them was a disagreement between Alexandria and the rest of Christianity on the dual human/divine nature of Christ. The other was that the Bishop of Alexandria was upset that the Council elevated the Church of Constantinople above the Church of Alexandria in terms of stature.

There is actual history for you.