Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthaven't watched the whole thing but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12738405&mesg_id=12741989
12741989, haven't watched the whole thing but...
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Mar-04-15 12:44 PM
the word 'cure' is something i have serious hesitation on. this purely froom a lay perspective based on a single experience and the information the doctors provided in that. but yeah my issue is that all the focus is on curing something that's happened without the focus on how it arrived to that point and preventing that. of course we want to help the folk that contract it but going forward it would seem preventing it would be far better than curing it. curing it is profit motivated, while preventing it, well that would just be logical.

my primary example of this (which i mention and indeed reply because the genome is talked about above) is that they won't do genome maps of folk until the have a full blown cancer. but if you know there are x, y, and z conditions which lead to cancer why wouldn't you want to genome map those patients too to figure out what's causing those and how to prevent them from becoming cancer. answer the doctors provide - it's too expensive to do unless as a last resort.

it's just backwards thinking from my perspective and setting back progress far more than anything else and not for politics or anythig like that but becase a cure for cancer is the fucking golden ticket $$$$.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."