Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLet's talk vacations.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12737184
12737184, Let's talk vacations.
Posted by Very-Effortless, Thu Feb-26-15 08:43 PM
My mom brought up the idea of doing a transatlantic cruise next year for vacation. I told my blackness wouldn't allow me to do a transatlantic cruise. My ancestors went over the atlantic on a ship once already... look out how that turned out. I really want to do a Mediterranean cruise, but I'll fly to Portugal or Spain and then get on the ship.

Family Vacation:
So now we're looking at a 7-day cruise to Alaska in May 2016 with my brothers 3 rugrats. A year and a half I went on a week-long vacation with 2 of them (4 day cruise and 3 days doing theme parks in Orlando) and I actually enjoyed it. The key is that we always do the Disney Cruise line so it's not like we HAVE to have the kids with us between 6am and midnight. It should be dope.

Vacay with the Girls:
My sister, her BFF and my homegirl are all planning a vacation in August to Panama or Haiti. If we do Haiti we're going to also spend 1-2 days of the week volunteering.

Class Reunion Vacay:
I was supposed to go to New Orleans my birthday weekend for a class reunion vacation and I was excited as hell about it. It was going to be my first time seeing my HS best friend in 14 years. Then a work event got scheduled so for the 2nd year in a row, so now I'm spending my birthday alone in a foreign country. Last year it was Manaus, Brazil. This year it will be Mexico City. Seems fun to outsiders but there really isn't shit lonelier than spending your vacation in a country where you don't speak the language and your primary objective there is to work 18+ hours a day.

Which brings me to... Solo Vacay:
I'm thinking of going to Costa Rica by myself for 3-5 days right after Mexico City just to unplug and get away. While I've been in a foreign country for work by myself I've never went on a vacation by myself and I don't know... I figure Costa Rica is a good destination for this kind of thing and I can find a lot of activities to do.