Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyou missed the part where YOU said:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12735891&mesg_id=12736167
12736167, you missed the part where YOU said:
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Feb-25-15 04:45 PM
"People can talk about today's economics and whatever all they want, but fact is if we want a planet for our grandkids (or kids) to live on, then we need to start now."

...i said i don't have kids so i don't care about creating a planet for my kids/grandkids.

sorry that the 'WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN' trump card didn't work in this discussion the way you thought it would.

>But I didn't realize that whether or not you want kids has
>any bearing on national policy with global ramifications.

it doesn't. but YOU brought up the kids, homie. LOL

>Your original position was about the veto as "politics as
>usual". And I provided several arguments showing that it's
>not, which notably you have not acknowledged in the slightest.

oh well let me acknowledge it here.

Obama vetoed to save face in international politics. as usual.

did i acknowledge it?

>Instead you want to cherry pick about some throwaway
>statements about kids.

that YOU made, homie.

>It's fine, I get it. Your mind is already made up. Instead
>of debating the actual merits of my position like what global
>leaders are saying or the actual science behind global
>warming, you'd rather talk about how you hate kids.

you brought up the kids, pal.

and it's been said that this Keystone veto won't have much impact on global warming, right? i thought i read that. maybe i didn't.

if you can tell me that this veto means the weather won't get freakier for me here in Chicago then i'm all for it. if you can show me that this veto means the polar ice will re-freeze then i'm about to print some 'FUCK THAT KEYSTONE BULLSHIT' t-shirts. if you can show me that the veto means an end to the drought conditions in Cali so i don't have to take 5 minute showers when i visit my folks out there then i'll make some 'KEYSTONE IS CRAPSTONE' signs and we get it on and popping.

>It's cool, not everyone is openminded.

some ppl are so closed minded they think the only open minds are the ones that agree with them.

that's a shame.

even the kids can see that.