Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI mean, that's fair.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12735891&mesg_id=12736126
12736126, I mean, that's fair.
Posted by wallysmith, Wed Feb-25-15 04:16 PM
But then my follow up question to you is... do you care about the issue of global warming at all?

I will say that I'm keenly aware of the various ways it's affecting the planet (acidification, "black" water, permafrost melt, algae blooms, ice melts, etc.), and because of that I care deeply about this issue. I'm actually glad the State Department said that it's a bigger issue than terrorism, because it is. Global warming is not something that can be fixed overnight, and fact is it will take decades (if not longer) to undo the effects and get on a path where we're not screwing ourselves.

People can talk about today's economics and whatever all they want, but fact is if we want a planet for our grandkids (or kids) to live on, then we need to start now.

Edit: And I'm speculating here, but I have a feeling Obama does not want his legacy to ever be tainted by the notion that he had a chance to do *something*, but didn't do enough.