Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12735891&mesg_id=12736058
12736058, yes
Posted by EAS, Wed Feb-25-15 03:19 PM
Oil is a very messy business and I for one do not believe that it will be 99.9% safe for the environment or handled responsibly. Corporate media pundits and a lobbied Congress are exaggerating figures. It will benefit few at the expense of millions. They will say anything to get it passed through and then after that......whatever happens happens.

How the huge corporation BP handled things in the gulf was an eye opener. They were so unprepared and full of it that I was greatly disappointed. I've heard of destroyed environments in Africa (i.e. Nigeria) due to oil spills/etc. but the BP one was right in our own backyards....in the Gulf of Mexico and they couldn't do a damn thing about it. Who knows what true lasting effects that spill caused. The tumorous shrimp that was harvested, the many jobs lost.......and those were things that we know about.

After that whole fiasco, why would anyone have any faith in a responsible oil industry? A fuck up is inevitable and it will hurt many. After that they will probably pull a 'Monsanto' and make it so you can't sue them and point the blame elsewhere.