Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou want more Horrys and less Webbers in your life, believe that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12732966
12732966, You want more Horrys and less Webbers in your life, believe that.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-20-15 06:24 PM
If somebody doesn't come through for you and more importantly doesn't come through for themselves time after time, they need to go. Maybe they can sort their own shit out. Wish them the best. Help them if you can. But you can't tether yourself to them. You're just going to end up with disappointment for them and double disappointment when you're involved in something together.

Oh, and, uh, yeah, I did finally break up with my chick if that's what you're wondering.

But this is also a broader taking stock of things and people, not just her. I am posting it on OKP because a lot of people here have told me things I heard but didn't understand. Things like once you stop hitting everyone off, you see how much those favors were holding you back. Don't get me wrong, some people have laid shit on the line for me and I will ALWAYS remember that and have their back, no matter how deep it gets. But if it's somebody that's just vaguely loyal or kind of hanging around the scene, nah, they can do handle their own business.

So I guess I'd like to hear how other people see reciprocity, relationships, obligations and when to think about yourself first or other people first. Or maybe I just felt like rambling. I can't call it.
12732975, ... fewer Webbers.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Feb-20-15 06:37 PM
Grammar jokes aside, it's like this:

1. Those I can count on for literally ANYTHING. A very small number.
2. Me.
3. Those I can count on for some things-- not like the big important life shit, but would give me a ride to the airport if push came to shove, etc.
4. Those who aren't to airport ride status, but I can count on being somewhere when they say they'll be there, like a party/happy hour/etc. Good folk.
5. Those I can count on not being able to count on them, but they're nice and a generally good time, and I like them.

That's my relative priority order.

Sorry to hear about the lady troubles, though it sounds like things are better without her? So if that's the case, then it's a good thing, so mazel tov!
12733001, yay another me first selfish jerk in the world.
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Feb-20-15 07:18 PM
Exactly what we all need.

Yes, no new friends! How cool and trendy of you! Fuck that vulnerability shit! Fuck that needy shit! You are concrete charlie! You can make it allllllll on your own. Cut that bitch off, let her sink or swim on her own!

Good for you, anonymous internet person. Youre really breaking the mold.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
12733005, that's rich coming from you, plus you totally misinterpreted what i said
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-20-15 07:23 PM
i know that in real life you are this well-meaning altruist and a good guy and whatever but here you're a self-absorbed asshole who takes even his most absurd ideas to their self-important, illogical, unnatural end.

>Yes, no new friends! How cool and trendy of you! Fuck that
>vulnerability shit! Fuck that needy shit! You are concrete
>charlie! You can make it allllllll on your own. Cut that bitch
>off, let her sink or swim on her own!

That's not what I said, this post is much less "no new friends" and more about cutting loose old ones.

And yeah, actually it was high time to let her do some things for herself. She was on that Homer Simpson, lazy and screwing up things she lucked into in the first place. We are still friends, talk everyday. I wish her the best and I'll be there for her, just in fewer ways than before.

>Good for you, anonymous internet person. Youre really breaking
>the mold.

Says the guy who defines his existence by proclaiming himself as the most important/GOAT anonymous internet person.
12733019, illogical?! surely you jest.
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Feb-20-15 08:14 PM
And I'm a self absorbed asshole both here and IRL which is why I so strongly advocate for more of me's

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
12733035, Chris Webber puts you in a position to win.THEN Robert Horry
Posted by BigJazz, Fri Feb-20-15 08:43 PM
steps up and does that last thing you need to win...

without the Webbers of the world ballin out for 47 minutes, there is no Big Shot Bob cuz the shots he takes don't mean as much...
12733041, 5 starters and a few role players
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Feb-20-15 09:01 PM
12733105, hmmm, well now we are making this more about actual hoops but OK ...
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Feb-21-15 02:57 AM
nah man webber was a choker and he deserved that rep. yes, he had some non-choke moments (one good series in a loss early in his career, some decent ones in sac) but he shat the bed plenty and the timeout isn't an empty symbol. shit was real.

and the way you say it, well, jordan actually disagreed with you. he said the opposite. everybody get me to the fourth quarter and i'll take it over from there. i feel that way. so i need day-to-day stuff to be as static-free as possible and then if i draw the whole damn defense i need someone who can hit that wide open shot.
12733051, is this the pyt?
Posted by wluv, Fri Feb-20-15 09:20 PM
man look i feel u on this.

shit's draining sometimes.

but like the saying goes, the truth hurts only once but a lie hurts everytime u remember it.

thats all im going to say.
12733104, lol man, that's all you need to say and yes, that's her
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Feb-21-15 02:54 AM
got back stronger than ever and shit was money for six-seven months before the creaks really started getting loud.

to be honest i kind of dig being single. it sucked at first because she was all push-and-pull about getting back together (i told her no but of course a part of me wanted to say YES!) and now she is moving on. kind of. i am sure she will call again soon but i feel more and more distant from her. she is trying to get back with her ex and it'll fall apart soon. personally i've been on a few dates and stuff but not looking for anything serious. i am really enjoying the small pleasures in life again. playing a shitload of basketball, 3-4 hours a day, and trying to take a lot of pride in my work. i'm lucky to have good health and a fun job and i felt like i was taking both those things for granted while i was with her to be honest.
12733121, yea man
Posted by wluv, Sat Feb-21-15 07:59 AM
She just needs a little more seasoning.

She's still at an age where she really doesn't know what she wants and feeling life out.

Give her another 4 years or so and she'll be right where u wished she was right now.

Til then don't stress yourself out trying to get her there.

Let her work that out on her own and do u.

It'll all work out the way its supposed to.