Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe 5ive (G.Dep edition)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12732289
12732289, The 5ive (G.Dep edition)
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 09:30 AM
-------------------
Let's Get It

I gotta put in my 60 notice to vacate my apartment. I've been there since 2009, it's time to move. I've gotten way too complacent with that aspect of life. My son has been there for 2/3 of his whole life. We moved there when he was 3 and he's now 9.

So this year---we leave and conquer new territory.

-----------------------
I want the world to see

I got a whopping $43 in Federal Tax return this year. That's more than I was expecting. I managed to get my money throughout the year and it's likely why I was able to save an extra $350 a month in addition to what i was already saving.

-----------------------

Special Delivery

Remember when G.Dep said, "I been ready since fish and spaghetti?"...that line pretty much canceled anyone givin' that Child of the Ghetto album a fair shake. This was at a time when Bad Boy didn't put out wack debut albums. I still pump this CD to this day. (Quiet as kept, I also pump that first Loon album when I want to get jiggy and get my party flow on before steppin' out with the ol' lady to a lounge).

------------------
Keep it Gangsta

Man, the black people at my job do not speak to one another for sh*t. I've never been in an environment like this. It's crazy. I just celebrated 10 yrs at this joint and this is one aspect of the job that hasn't changed in the last decade.

---------------

Nothing Gonna Stop Me.

my son has been gone for the past week (gotta love these random ass school administered mid-winter breaks). Of course he wasn't supposed to come back until Sunday but he's now (scheduled) to come back tomorrow morning because he was invited (at the last minute) to a birthday party. Now the kicker is that we're expecting to have an ice storm of some proportions and as a result, I'm probably gonna have to go get him this evening after work before the storm hits. This parenting sh*t sucks the life out of you at times. I was really looking forward to doing nothing of importance tonight.

What's the going price range for a kid's bday gift (that you the parent really doesn't know)? Do you get something equal to what would be admission to the place the party is being held at or what?

12732361, 5 songs about $$$$$*
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Fri Feb-20-15 10:41 AM
*songs dont necessarily match the info beneath it.

she works hard for the money - donna summer.

started working. shopping for ppls groceries is a lil harder than i initially thought but still easier than any job i have done and im making pretty damn good money doing it. still kinda shocked at how much i was able to make in 2 6hr shifts. excited about what this will mean for me as i make plans with my money.

all about the benjamins - biggie n nem.

my son finally got a hair cut and he looks like a million bucks!
his ears sticking out crack me up. i love it but it instantly made him look older. that kinda made me a lil sad.

c.r.e.a.m. - wu-tang clan.

first few things i must get with my first few checks
1 car stereo (working from your car with no music is horrible and i refuse to listen to the radio)
2 renew my passport (im going SOMEWHERE on vacation this year. i need it.)
3 cover up tat for the tat on my neck

money ain't a thing - jd & jay-z.

can't wait to perform tomorrow and march 5th. im hoping we get more shows after that.

its all about the money - troy ave & manolo rose.

need to go buy a few things from target but old man winter snd mother nature are rude as fuck right now. mad disrespectful with the single digit temps. need spring to come NOW.

12732395, my son got a hair cut and the barber gave him what could be imagined
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 11:12 AM
to be side burns.

it makes him look so much older, not grown man old but definitely more mature than his age of 9.

12732453, lol word that shadow of a sideburn puts some years on these lil boys
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Fri Feb-20-15 11:50 AM
12732465, And it doesn't help that my son is kinda tall for his age.
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 11:57 AM
12732715, lol ditto. my son looks 4 and a half now. he's not 3 yet
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Fri Feb-20-15 03:01 PM
12732493, word
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Feb-20-15 12:17 PM
>first few things i must get with my first few checks
>1 car stereo (working from your car with no music is horrible
>and i refuse to listen to the radio)

12732380, 5 fave foods
Posted by Sha, Fri Feb-20-15 10:57 AM
Seafood Pad Gra Pow, Stang of Siam:
I sooooo want to capitalize on my day post work today but, this cold is thwarting me. Seriously. It's some shit that i'm actually thinking about just coming out tomorrow when it's 32. Ain't that some shit?! I consider 32 warm. hahaha

Pavo Torta, Michelle's Cafe:
Must be the reminisce portion of the winter. In 1 week I've gotten contacted by 3 dudes I use to date previous. There's no bad blood, but, it just didn't work. I don't know if it'll work this time go round either. LOL.

Steamed Clams w/ cilantro & bacon bits, Captain James':
I can't wait for the next phases of decorating ye olde apt. I now have a living room sleeper sofa. Next up area rug and things for the wall. :)

Crunchy Fire Roll, XS:
I recently left my keys in my apartment door overnight. They'd have probably been there a second day had I not went to the bodega. I was off Monday and had a snow day Tuesday. Tuesday at 6pm they were still there. The thing that unnerves me is, none of my neighbors knocked on my door to alert me. That's the one downside to this building...they kinda don't co-mingle like the last building. :(

Picasso Roll, Kona Grill:
People are hilarious. How do you want me to value your time when you don't value mine? Why do you want me to think selflessly when you treat others selfishly? Folks stay wanting you to go above and beyond for them, but want to half ass you back. Nah.
12732394, your post made me hungry :(
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 11:11 AM
12732399, LOL
Posted by Sha, Fri Feb-20-15 11:20 AM
sorry
12732759, i want some Mama's now. SCREW YOU!
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Fri Feb-20-15 03:28 PM
12732528, just numbers
Posted by labcoat, Fri Feb-20-15 12:46 PM
i dont feel like going to church this sunday
so im not (smh and it's lent...what is wrong with me)
so wildchild and i will hang out with mr_mcfeely!!!!

i need a housekeeper it is VERY bad
like i have a pile of laundry that is taller than
wildchild
i cant get out of it

i love him more than i realized

guess what fishy....its almost spring shopping time
for the kiddies
smh im not looking forward to it
but h&m sent a kids catalog
so i let her pick what she wanted
they have a coupon 20% off $60
so i may as well start
*sigh*

i was told my bonus and pay increase today
3.6% raise (thank God)
and a HUGE bonus!!!!
i hate taxes though because they are going to take 40% of it
what from what is left, im excited
HOWEVER
im saving it all (well minus my 10% to the lord)
for the house

BUT we so need a vacation!!!!
12732553, I actually bought a lot of spring/summer stuff at the end of the
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 01:02 PM
season last year. So this year I've lucked out. I may have to buy a few things (and shoes) but for the most part i'm covered.

12732612, damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by labcoat, Fri Feb-20-15 01:40 PM
*shakes fist*

lol

she actually just went from toddler to lil girl sizes
so i wasnt ready for that then
i may do that this time though
12732688, but his shoe size has more than doubled. he's 9 and wearing a 6.
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Feb-20-15 02:44 PM
12732730, :(
Posted by labcoat, Fri Feb-20-15 03:09 PM
damn
12732763, say hi for me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Fri Feb-20-15 03:30 PM
12732777, lol i surely will :)
Posted by labcoat, Fri Feb-20-15 03:35 PM
12732710, Five of my fave OKPs
Posted by kingjerm78, Fri Feb-20-15 02:57 PM
SeV - the nigga funny as shit

Ambient1 - real ass nigga

Simplyhannah - avi

Blkprincemd - he cool as fuck even if we don't see eye to eye on certain things.

Binlahab - this nigga finds a way to use his 2 posts EVERY day. It's admirable.
12732713, RE: The 5ive - tv shows I actually watch
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Feb-20-15 03:00 PM
Empire: I love this show but I hate it. Part of me wonders if this is apart of Rupert Murdoch's anti-black propaganda. But I love my hip hop dynasty. It's the reason why I DVR it and question if I really want to watch it.
------
I am going to find the creators of Frozen and choke them! Argh!

Scandal: this is my weekly crack! I'm glad that Olivia is back and she told Fitz the real!
-------
This week my workout schedule was totally thrown off by winter weather. I'm doing the Crossfit open next week and I feel totally unprepared due to my lack of gym time. So it's grind time!

How To Get Away With Murder: if scandal is crack, this is pure heroin and it's going to do me in!
-------
I am scared of the school systems here in Durham NC. Part of me hopes that in the next 6 months my hubby announces that we are moving somewhere with better school systems. If not, I may consider giving up my career hopes (which I really don't want to do) and homeschool my daughter.

Sprout hell: my daughter loves PBS and sprout. I find it funny that she never wants to take a nap, unless it's on a day where one of my tv shows comes on. Then she wants to party all night featuring her shows!
--------
I've been studying pretty hardcore to understand the human body and really get an understanding how it works for personal training purposes. I don't want to be one of those trainers who learned this stuff just to forget it and do their own shit after they passed the test. I really care about helping people health and nutrition wise. I truly believe it's my calling to do so.

NickJr hades: my daughter has discovered. Nick Jr. and GoD help me!
--------
The hubby told me that he has to travel to my home state of Michigan to a business meeting. And if it weren't so cold, I would want the munchkin and me to go along. It would be nice for her to see her grandparents and the rest of her family. But it's too darn cold! Darn you Queen Elsa and your winter shenanigans!
12732766, 5 songs I'm listening to
Posted by Sepia., Fri Feb-20-15 03:31 PM
1. "Wolf In The Breast" by Cocteau Twins
I hate how much other people's moods rub off on me. Even pets' moods.

2. "Coronus The Terminator" by Flying Lotus
It's been a long time since I fell in love with a movie at first sight, but 'Only Lovers Left Alive' is it.
It's got so many things that I love -- vampires, Tilda Swinton, stylish scenery,
dark atmosphere, believable love, quiet storytelling. I loved it.

3. "I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing..." by James Brown
I really really want to learn to play bass. That's going to be one of my gifts to myself, one day.

4. "Pata Pata" by Miriam Makeba
If I could have a super power, it would be rapid absorption of information.
Like, I'd be able to read books in mere seconds and know 50 languages in an hour.

5. "Niger" by Afel Bocoum
I'm sick of winter. Sick of it. Yeah yeah, I'm in the south and have only seen a couple snow flurries, blah blah.
idc idc idc. I'm sick of this. Even on the days it doesn't rain, the trails are full of impossible puddles. Winter sucks.