Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs an aside... here's the thing for me re: Kyle and Tyga
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12732283&mesg_id=12732907
12732907, As an aside... here's the thing for me re: Kyle and Tyga
Posted by Novembersgift, Fri Feb-20-15 05:07 PM
It's not that Tyga's so old and she's a toddler. I'm not going as far to call him a pedophile.
It's not like people haven't had relationships with this type of age difference before that weren't necessarily exploitative in nature.
It's not like both of them aren't getting something out of it.

But Kylie's entire presentation to the world as set by herself, her family, her management, and the media is as a TEENager. As a girl. Not as a grownup or a woman. Despite how much people want it to be or how sexualized young women have been (whether they invite the attention or not), a teenager is not a grown up. So minimizing the situation like "well she's 17!" or whatever is an excuse that none of us benefits from making.

Add to that the fact that Kylie is Tyga's ex's friend's little sister. So the entire time he knew Kylie she was in the position of young girl relative to him. Entering into a relationship with her isn't wrong by that standard alone (ex's friend's sister) but it does make it a little more yucky TO ME.

It's clearly an opportunistic relationship, the opportunity weighing more in Tyga's favor than for Kylie in this instance. So it's creepier that he's taking advantage of a younger girl in this way. The way you all get up in arms about women being opportunistic in dating men, I thought you'd understand this concept pretty easily. Even Kanye recognizes this is an opportunity for Tyga - he got in early after all.

It's just all so stupid and Kanye would've been better off not to comment than to be put in the position of trying to justify something that's just uncomfortable whether you can put your finger on why or not.

No winners here. Not Kanye, Kim, Amber, Kylie, or Tyga. Everybody's got poo in their backyards on this one.