Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti voted for other but basically by default
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12732113&mesg_id=12732148
12732148, i voted for other but basically by default
Posted by howisya, Thu Feb-19-15 10:21 PM
i haven't watched real time or the daily show in about 10 years, never watched maddow's show, GPS Fareed Zakaria sounds like something on cnn i've never watched, Morning Joe i've channel surfed to and never realized was a serious program

what's wrong with face the nation? i've thought of jumping ship, but i'm still watching meet the press with chuck todd in that time slot (i kinda want to watch this week with george instead, but it conflicts with cbs sunday morning). i preferred david gregory to chuck so far (it's only been half a year), and i did watch far back enough to have seen tim russert. chuck has the knowledge and passion, but as political discourse i think the show has suffered compared with the first few years of david gregory (not the last ditch attempts at improving ratings in his final months). the viewpoints are safer and less diverse, and the pool of guests is really shallow and uninspired, so it feels watered down. there's too much agreement on the panel, and everyone seems like friends. i like chuck's interviews and can tell he's trying, but he can only do so much.