Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is what muslim apologists do
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12731541&mesg_id=12732793
12732793, this is what muslim apologists do
Posted by Tommy-B, Fri Feb-20-15 03:49 PM
you get defensive over the possibility that the radical jihadi group, Islamic State, may have a connection to islam and you bring out strawmen such as "OH, SO I GUESS THAT MEANS (insert large group of people) IS DOWN WITH ISIS AS WELL?!" or "WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO KILL IN (insert religion)'S NAME?!"

it's what got ben affleck so teary-eyed and hysterical on bill maher's show. because he was arguing from an emotional perspective, like you are.

i'm not saying that muslims such as yourself would do the horrific things isis are doing. nor would i suggest that you condone what they are doing - although research shows that many muslims do.

i'm saying that isis practice an extreme form of islam. maybe not the islam YOU practice, but a form of it nonetheless.

if you ask them, they'll tell you that they practice the truest form of islam, but it's not really relevant.

it's just ridiculous when you try to have a discussion on isis and people immediately jump in with, "BUT THEY'RE NOT MUSLIM! NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM! ISLAMOPHOBE!!" as if it's ludicrous to even conceive of such an idea.

but whatever. as i said before, this is more than just a matter of losing an argument to you. you don't want the 'good' name of your religion sullied by these mindless, psychopathic brutes, so you'll do all you can to deflect the criticism that comes its way.