Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWith all that....this here is what I was really pointing out:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730921&mesg_id=12733628
12733628, With all that....this here is what I was really pointing out:
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Feb-23-15 08:57 AM
>or as if that explanation has to tied
>up in a pretty little package w/nice, comforting stories.

I can understand this part, which is what I said about how I get that some folks may not agree with the Biblical view of creation.

My original point was just questioning why it is that there aren't more folks who are inbetween...and maybe there are. I know Nika is one. Basically feeling as if the Bible, or other creation stories are baseless and invalid...but still believing that some "fairy" did create it.

I'm not challenging either side at all, even though I spoke on the things I dont "get." So my question would be....do you know any folks who do fit in the group that I am speaking of?

I think the closest I can think of would be Religious Science...but some of their teachings seem to be overly inclusive, almost saying "there's some truth in every Religion, so let's take our favorite parts and put them together." They do have more of a scientific view on Creation, but it's still hugely influenced by other Religions...and some of their churches even appear to be Christian on the surface.