Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI sound like Sarah Palin? Really? Now who's being dishonest?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730921&mesg_id=12733430
12733430, I sound like Sarah Palin? Really? Now who's being dishonest?
Posted by Lardlad95, Sun Feb-22-15 07:22 PM
Does Sarah Palin strike you as the type of person who gets into long philosophical discourses about the complexities of anything?

No? So then was that you just taking a cheap shot because I had the nerve to respond to some questions you asked me, based I'm going to assume, on the fact that I rubbed you the wrong way in a completely different thread?

>all that just to say you don't like my style? Thats fine,
>chief. it doesn't change the root of it

Uh, no. I said all that to respond to the questions you asked me. This isn't about you. I couldn't give two shits about your "style". I only responded about your "style" because I thought that final statement you made sounded kind of smug. Everything preceding that final paragraph was in response to what you asked, it wasn't a roundabout way of getting to a place where I could talk about you or your "style". You seem to think that you and your opinions hold more weight in my mind than they actually do.

Next time, if you don't want me to talk about your "style", don't end your statements by bringing them up. Or do, I genuinely don't give a fuck, it just seemed weird that you would bring up your personal rational for doing something, and then get annoyed when I address it.

>"It aint as simple as ridiculing religions/dieties' blah blah
>blah . Yes it is sport.

If it's that simple for you, ok. I think that's kind of juvenile, but I'm not you, so don't let me stop you from boiling the whole thing down to self-satisfied sarcasm.

>You don't have to get into a long philosophical discourse
>about the complexities of man and his relationship to his
>surroundings to understand that these simple distinctions
>allow us to move forward with more important matters.

You don't have to do a lot of things. Just because you don't like to, that doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile endeavor for someone else.

I don't think acting like a know-it-all 13 year old with a reddit account is worthwhile, but hey it works for...some people, so who am I to judge?

Also, wouldn't it behoove us to just focus on those more important matters as our principle goal? It seems to me that the greatest thing to kill off superstition has been advancements in science...not people guffawing at parishioners. And yet, I see far more people ridiculing religion online than I do people championing science.

>And thats your take on courage, that it takes a little girl to
>go through all of that just be recognized? Thats very
>dishonest on your part, but that seems to be your thing,
>although not so subtle, but whatever

How is that dishonest? Because I can distinguish between someone who actually survived a traumatic event and people whining about first world, minor inconveniences?

If you honestly believe that I was implying that your situation needs to be absolutely extreme to warrant admiration then you are being dishonest, but I'm not going to join in on a circle jerk for people who had a few shouting matches with your parents.

There are people in this world who really suffer for religion. There are people in this world who really suffer for their politics. There are people in this world who really suffer for their sexuality. And I'm being dishonest, by reserving my admiration for them and not people who may or may not have to deal with some uncomfortable Thanksgiving dinners?

FOH.

>And no one has to fill a void of a human constant, such as the
>communal spirit. Its pretty silly to think otherwise.

Human constant? Communal spirit?

I was talking about actual organizations, with actual structures, filled with actual people, and you're talking about a bunch of new agey shit.

This would be funny if it wasn't so goddamn ridiculous.

Anyway, I never said anyone "HAD" to do a fucking thing...but people do ponder those questions, and even if you can imagine a world where people never pondered their existence or questions of that nature, it's a moot point because we live in a world were people have and do, so even if religion were stamped out tomorrow, unfortunately for you there would still be people philosophizing about the natures of existence, sentience, and sapience. Which by the way aren't necessarily religious questions.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard