Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo, I'd rather see a rise in the number of black scientists and philosophers.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730921&mesg_id=12733377
12733377, No, I'd rather see a rise in the number of black scientists and philosophers.
Posted by Lardlad95, Sun Feb-22-15 04:10 PM
Atheism to me as it stands today is basically a slightly more deserved analog to white people screaming about "reverse racism".

I don't care what you don't believe in, I want to know how you personally grapple with the human condition and questions of existence and reality.

Saying that you don't believe in the most popular group of myths and parables isn't particularly...brave, in my opinion.

But if it really feels like a relief to "come out" for some black people then by all means, wave your atheist flag proudly. I'm just not going to be excited for someone celebrating that they don't believe in someone else's particular worldview. That seems like a waste of energy. I also don't spend time celebrating the fact that a lot of people don't believe in Zeus or Gilgamesh.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard