Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject100% clear of Measles.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730778&mesg_id=12734248
12734248, 100% clear of Measles.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-23-15 06:03 PM
We got final confirmation Saturday morning and took her to urgent care the same day for a follow up. I kind of wish we had this doctor to begin with because he (correctly) noted that this rash is very much like sand paper, and that is not something normally associated with measles.

We tried to get a new swab to rule out strep/scarlet fever, but that was impossible. She actually freaked out when we took her temperature and pulse. She flipped when she saw the building we were pulling into. She really, really hates doctors right now after the previous fiasco, poor thing. So he just said to hell with it after about 30 minutes of every tactic imaginable and prescribed some amoxicillin.

So the rash is going down slowly but surely. The downside? I got nailed with the fucking flu Saturday morning. I slept through most of Saturday/Sunday, and I'm still pretty fucked up today. Thankfully she's cool lying down, napping, resting and watching tv right now. She's a pretty active kid and I hate to rely so heavily on the tv as a babysitter I just don't have the energy right now. Plus... it just plain hurts to move. lol. As an aside, Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi are her absolute favorites and those two shows are very information dense. She learns an awful lot from those shows so there is that I suppose.

But yeah. Nothing like good old fashioned illness to keep a family united.

Oh, and a thousand thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. It's greatly appreciated.