Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSooooo my daughter might have measles.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730778&mesg_id=12730778
12730778, Sooooo my daughter might have measles.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-18-15 05:17 PM
Her immunizations are up to date, but that second shot for measles wasn’t due until after she turned 4. The doctor called her a ‘prospective case’ because enough symptoms- including the obvious, a nasty rash that covering the top of her body, which has since spread to her legs-are present to warrant a test. That whole urgent care visit was a nightmare. We couldn’t get her to hold still in the slightest to draw blood, so my poor baby got stuck three times.

She’s a fighter. Not sure what else I could have done aside from strapping her to a gurney. It didn’t help that the nurse was nervous as all hell after the first one, but I digress. We eventually had to roll with a urine sample and a swab from the back of her throat. The urine sample proved difficult enough to obtain from a girl considering the mechanics, and that long ass swab wasn’t exactly a welcome site to a girl who just got poked three times by a needle.

My wife had to get a test as well due to the pregnancy, so they’re both confined to the house until results come in. My wife was immunized so the assumption is that results for her and the baby will be fine.