Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere's a few...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12730461&mesg_id=12731060
12731060, Here's a few...
Posted by ChiBrownSkinLady, Thu Feb-19-15 01:46 AM
Au Cheval - try their burger, thank me later. Their other food is amazing, and they've got a great beer list and there's always good music. Last time I was in there this past weekend, they played Pharcyde's Ya Mama which made me so incredibly happy. Depending when you go, the wait for a table could be pretty long tho... And they don't do resos...

La Sirena Clandestina - Cool pan-Latin spot with an Argentine slant. Great cocktails, even better food. One of my new faves. If you're going during primetime, try to make a reso. It's not that big and it's getting more buzz of late.

Longman & Eagle - Laid-back Michelin-starred cuisine with a great whiskey list.

The Promontory - Great cocktails, solid wine list, good food, good music. There's also a music venue upstairs where there's often DJ's or concerts.

There's a lot more, but those are some of my favorites. I'll also cosign Trenchermen.

There's a lot of great bars that have opened lately too. A shortlist of Henry's Swing Club, Scofflaw, Three Dots and a Dash, Punch House, Barrelhouse Flat are places that don't disappoint me.

There's a lot more where that came from too, so if there's anything you're looking for specifically either on the restaurant or bar side, just ask. Hopefully I can put you in the right direction...