Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: yup.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12729789&mesg_id=12730903
12730903, RE: yup.
Posted by vee-lover, Wed Feb-18-15 07:31 PM
>are ppl getting on buses from New Orleans and Detroit and Los
>Angeles to rally in Chicago about Chicago's gun problem? not
>on a large scale.

I've never heard anyone sponsoring a bus ride to Chicago to protest what's goung on with the gun violence...

> is that an indictment of the black
>community?

Yes

>does that mean that blacks don't care about black
>on black violence? no. does that mean blacks don't take
>responsibility to address violence w/in our community? no.
>the articles talked about steps taken by various black
>communities to address gun violence w/in those communities.

Taking steps for an age-old problem that has persisted for decades illustrates that for those of us who a aren't directly affected by the problem that the problem isn't as urgent as it for those in. Chicago ...we should be beyond "taking steps" by now. But that highlights what I've been saying in this post abt the overall blk community not having the same outrage when it's blk on blk violence vs non-blk on blk violence
>
>the rallying about Trayvon happened b/c the COMMUNITY ASKED
>PPL TO COME HELP THEM BRING ATTENTION TO THE CASE BECAUSE IT
>SEEMED THERE MIGHT NOT BE A CRIMINAL CASE AGAINST ZIMMERMAN
>W/O THE ATTENTION.

No, they asked civil leaders and other community activists to bring attention to the case, they didn't put out a call for ALL blk ppl to rally for what was happening in Florida. The more the case became known the more blk ppl throughout the country got involved and created movements around the country, something I've yet to see in regards to the Chicago crisis....
>
>the rallying around Mike Brown happened b/c the COMMUNITY
>ASKED PPL TO COME HELP THEM BRING ATTENTION TO THE CASE
>BECAUSE IT SEEMED THERE MIGHT NOT BE A CRIMINAL CASE AGAINST
>WILSON W/O THE ATTENTION.

That is not true...at all...ppl got involved because the murder of a Mike brown, unlike Trayvon Martin, immediately became a *nationally news story* from the start which is why ppl around the country got involved.

>and w/this. i'm done talking to you about this, player. you
>don't get it, you won't get it from this conversation.

Good - because for someone that is a lawyer you aren't the most reasonable person...and I won't "get" the nonsense you're spewing because you don't know WTH you're taking abt... Neither will I "get" how anyone can say w/a straightface that pop CULTURE doesn't have any influence over youth...if that's the case the we need to do away w/the word 'culture'