Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOk, show me the national outrage of the killings - where's the t-shirts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12729789&mesg_id=12730786
12730786, Ok, show me the national outrage of the killings - where's the t-shirts
Posted by vee-lover, Wed Feb-18-15 05:20 PM
Where are the nation-wide bus trips taking ppl to Chicago to protest in the streets....

>i have attended rallies here in Chicago where ppl organized as
>a community to speak out against violence and killings in
>Chicago committed by Black teens.
>
>so STFU w/this mess.

No, fuckboy, you need to STFU because I'm not taking abt ppl organizing *locally* I'm talking abt rallies taking place throughout the country like in the case w/Trayvon and Mike Brown...and when Barack Obama says as heinous as those killings are, a blk teen is still more likely to be killed by someone who looks like him than he will by a cop...how many of us didn't want to hear that because it interfered w/our narrative of victim hood

>
>there are ppl on the ground right now working on that issue.
>the fact that you don't see those rallies covered on MSNBC or
>HuffPo doesn't mean they aren't happening.
>
>speak on what you know.

The blk community as a whole hasn't shown 1/3rd of the concern that it does when blk teens are murderd by policemen - and this is what I KNOW...I've been following what's going on in Chicago before it became a national news story and many ppl who live there say they feel that the local and federal authorities are not giving enough attention to this crisis...so you need to take whatever your misplaced gripe up with ppl who have are being affected directly w/what's going on...

>