Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectit was neither contrarian nor cynical.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12729462&mesg_id=12731487
12731487, it was neither contrarian nor cynical.
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Feb-19-15 12:58 PM
i brought up the baseball thing as a proposal - maybe stand up is Eddie's secondary thing like baseball is Jordan's. that's as far as i meant to go w/that. it wasn't the best analogy b/c it was ripe for misunderstanding since Jordan was pretty inept at baseball and Eddie wasn't inept at stand up.

i never meant to imply that Eddie was inept at stand up.

i never meant to challenge the man's status as a legend.

ONCE AGAIN FOR LIKE THE SIXTH MOTHERFUCKING TIME IN THIS GODDAMNED POST i asked how much stand up Eddie has done b/c I DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH HE HAD DONE other than the 2 movies i'd seen. and i thought ppl here might know. and it turned out they did know.

i wanted to know how much stand up he'd done b/c i was trying to understand why he'd basically abandoned stand up after Raw. the more stand up he'd done i figured the more likely he'd be to return to it. if he'd only done a little bit then maybe he wouldn't be as likely to go back. maybe stand up wasn't a passion for him and was only a passing fancy. one he happened to be pretty skilled at, sure. but a passing fancy. a stepping stone, even.

so that's why i asked.