Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy goodness. the fanboys have sent an advocate.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12729462&mesg_id=12729941
12729941, my goodness. the fanboys have sent an advocate.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Feb-18-15 10:10 AM
>
>Jordan was a disastrous baseball player, so unless you didn't
>know that, not sure why you would make that comparison.

well i dum so that's why i made the comparison.

but it was mainly b/c baseball isn't Jordan's primary sport - that's basketball. and that was the proposal i was trying to make w/the comparison - that maybe stand up comedy isn't Eddie's primary thing like baseball wasn't Jordan's. you took it somewhere i hadn't intended.

My
>answer goes towards answering says who, i.e., Tienken and
>others,

great.

when i asked 'says who?' earlier i wanted this kind of info. and it was eventually provided.

i asked for the same reason i made the post - i realized i didn't know anything about Eddie's stand up roots. all i'd seen were the 2 movies and i'd heard about the album and i think i'd seen a clip of him on Carson. that's it. and i wondered how deep his roots ran. so i made this post seeking info. when ppl came w/cursory info i wanted them to tell me where they got it and/or provide a link if possible. b/c i could've sat here and just imagined Eddie had done some shows in prep for those 2 movies. i know that's how stand up works. i could imagine he might've done some work in clubs while on SNL. i wanted to some confirmation if it existed. i didn't ask 'says who' b/c i doubted the veracity of what was presented. if folks had no backup for their claim then i would've accepted it as that.

and also suggests that he had a prior career in
>standup, something you at least questioned.

yeah, i questioned it b/c i didn't have any personal knowledge. and i hadn't seen videos. or heard stories. so i wanted some. again, it wasn't so much that i doubted whether Eddie had ever done any stand up beyond those 2 movies and that album. i wanted to know how much he'd done.

and i also want to know how much he's done AFTER Raw.

for about the 4th time in this post i'll explain why - b/c when i saw him on SNL 40 he didn't try to be funny. no jokes. i wondered why. i wondered if he'll ever return to stand up. i figured that the more he's done the more likely he is to return. b/c it's more likely a passion - a 'burning desire' in him to get back to it. then i realized i didn't know how much stand up he'd done before SNL, during SNL, after SNL, before the movies and after the movies. so i asked here.

that is IT. i had no agenda.

i had no point.

there was NO attack.