Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMine was/is this year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12728248&mesg_id=12728437
12728437, Mine was/is this year
Posted by dgonsh, Mon Feb-16-15 06:18 PM
it was supposed to be last may. not many people responded. then it was push to this past october...again not enough people responded. finally it was allegedly moved to this coming may and i haven't heard anything since.

fact is, Facebook ruined school reunions. I literally see everyone I'm interested in seeing (my friend from HS that I'm still friends with) and I know what virtually everybody else I'm remotely interested in is up to thanks to their Facebook. Why on earth would I want to schmooze with a bunch of people I don't really care about. The mysterious element of "i wonder what _____ is up to?" just doesn't exist anymore. the romanticized "high school reunion" from the movies just doesn't have a place anymore in my opinion.

Not to mention times have changed. 28 year olds just don't have the lives past generations have had. Most 28 year olds are either still in school in some regard, or are just starting to settle down with someone (save a few early birds). people stay single longer. I feel like the 20th anni will have a much more interesting turn out for this generation.