Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectif u think the show valued it's black performers, watch the special
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12727960&mesg_id=12729899
12729899, if u think the show valued it's black performers, watch the special
Posted by Calico, Wed Feb-18-15 09:36 AM
...the audience barely wanted to acknowledge Eddie.... most black cast members became bigger stars AFTER SNL....the Leslie Jones thing was REALLY unfunny, and seemed like pandering, although i think she IS funny in other instances...after watching the show, and reading this post, i have to admit that i really do beleive Lorne isn't interested in promoting anything not stereotypically "black", and i ain't mad cause he's an old successful white man, what else would he think? there just seemed to be little love for black cast members in general, but i understood, cause let's face it, other than Murphy, the funny from cast members of color is hit or miss...

i can't front though i'm always happy to see "What's up with that"....

oh, and y'all really mad about Eddie huh?? dude ain't put in enough great work to get a lifetime pass? really? dude ain't ever gotta try to be funny again to me....he really has NOTHING to prove....