Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Of course u would think it's coming more from Drake fans
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12726492&mesg_id=12727414
12727414, RE: Of course u would think it's coming more from Drake fans
Posted by murph71, Fri Feb-13-15 09:10 PM
>I see it differently

Yes...u do...It's the reason why u were the first one to bring up Lamar in a Drake post...

>Especially on twitter
>
>I didn't see hardly any mention of Kenny from Drake fans on my
>timeline

We not looking at the same Twitter....

>Yet any shyt Kenny drops ur guaranteed to see shyt like 'drake
>better take notice'

That's not what I've seen for the most part...But I can't argue with your circle of things...

>Or 'it's almost over for Drake! None of that fake shyt goin to
>pop nomo. People want the real.!'
>
>And other shyt in that same vein of thinking
>
>Yal can act like Kenny success isn't partly contributed by the
>success of Drake all yal want
>
>He's the anti-drake

This^^^^is def. true....Never argued that point...

>provided a refuge for Drake haters who might not even really
>like his music but is someone relevant they can prop up to use
>to counter what Drake represents in the game

The thing is Drake is THE STAR in hip-hop and is also THE PUNCHLINE. I don't think we've ever seen anything like this in hip-hop. We've had popular rappers that invoked hate. But not because they were deemed overtly sensitive, sing love songs, get tapped in the jaw by record moguls or post of passive aggressive flicks on social media...The whole meme with Drake is that he is softer than a strippers ass...

And that's what bothers his followers for the most part. There is still a certain scarlet letter that comes with being a Drake fan...

Luckily for his fans, Drake can rap his ass off when he wants to.

I say all this to underline my ongoing point.

Drake is a bigger commercial star than Lamar. Always will be. Sort of like MJ over Prince.....But the irony is MJ was still was worried about P...to the point where he wondered why people didn't take him as seriously as a songwriter as Prince (true story)....

That's Drake....He has the sales, the hits, the broads, and the movement. But it's obvious he wants the respect...