Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: pac, jay, 'ye got 'college courses'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12726492&mesg_id=12727355
12727355, RE: pac, jay, 'ye got 'college courses'
Posted by bucknchange, Fri Feb-13-15 06:28 PM
>Yep...Pac, Jay and Ye have college courses...Not sure what that >means in a discussion about Drake/Lamar though...

I mentioned that because hiphop has been 'intellectualized' for a while so, having lyrics being broken down by a pulitzer prize winner sounds pretentious and exploitive of K.dot #actually

>As for Pump faking? Don't know what that means in this context. At >this point Lamar's project doesn't seem beholden to singles...

new suge/top dawg ambitiously promised 6 TDE releases on twitter last year including the new kendrick. didn't happen and as what folks 'believe' 'i' didn't get the attention of the rap world like his control verse or gkmc-hiphop messiah talk. if were gonna stay with the 'nasir narrative' 'i' = 'black girl lost' not no fucking 'if i ruled the world

>I think u need to catch up to what's happening here. Lamar's last >two leaked songs have had an even bigger impact than "I"...When u

what am i missing? blacker the berry was talked about, consumed, and people move on the next day. right now people are making drake memes, quoting and deciphering subliminals

>I'll say it again. Drake is on his Jay-Z and Lamar is on his Nas >shit...Actually, it's even more extreme....Their lanes at this point >r a lot different.

k. dot took a shot. drake had an emotional interview response and k. dot let out another 'subliminal shot' afterwards. different lanes or not, drake is putting out more quality product since there 'beef' started

>What I find interesting is Drake fans feel threatened by the
outside of that smartdummy nigga (c)ghost; interview he did with billboard, i think kendrick is dope. i like them both. I just think kendrick f(st)ans have this 'higher than thou' attitude and the messiah tag is weighting him down. that type of pressure got the album stalled 'drdreism' the only rap who's allowed to have so little output and be that highly respected, coincidently is on 'control', who I initial thought had the better verse....