Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: pac, jay, 'ye got 'college courses'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12726492&mesg_id=12726915
12726915, RE: pac, jay, 'ye got 'college courses'
Posted by murph71, Fri Feb-13-15 01:04 PM
>doesn't hide the fact that k.dot is pump faking on his
>follow-up and 'i' was light

Yep...Pac, Jay and Ye have college courses...Not sure what that means in a discussion about Drake/Lamar though...

As for Pump faking? Don't know what that means in this context. At this point Lamar's project doesn't seem beholden to singles...

The thing is Drake will always be the bigger "star"...Much of that comes out of the type of music he makes. Dude had a single that was being played on Adult Contemporary R&B stations...So I don't think Drake's fanbase should be having strokes over what Lamar does in a commercial sense. Drake is the biggest selling rapper on the planet right now and consistently knocks out radio anthems. Dude is good...

As for "I"? I think u need to catch up to what's happening here. Lamar's last two leaked songs have had an even bigger impact than "I"...When u Google those two songs a shit load of debates, think-pieces and such pop up...They are giving dude that "voice of hip-hop" tag, which I'm pretty sure he's not comfortable with...Shit...who is?

I'll say it again. Drake is on his Jay-Z and Lamar is on his Nas shit...Actually, it's even more extreme....Their lanes at this point r a lot different.

What I find interesting is Drake fans feel threatened by the critical/cultural love fest surrounding Lamar, which is pretty weird when u think about it...Drakes's fans should be happy that their boy can shit a double platinum album and own radio...