Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOffice 101: What part of the game is begging folks to do their jobs?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12726393&mesg_id=12726393
12726393, Office 101: What part of the game is begging folks to do their jobs?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Feb-12-15 07:31 PM
I guess this is some Office 101 shit i still haven't picked up but i largely blame it on shitty coworkers. but i found out today that folks are kind of salty about what they perceive as me being demanding.

context: im really only supposed to be doing sales. but because so many folks either have bad attitudes or are lazy as shit i end up doing the rest of their jobs too cause it's the best way to make sure shit gets done. it wouldn't have to be that way if i could let my customers yell at them when they fuck up something for me. but i don't get to. so i have to be a bit hard on them and babysit them.

i'm not w/ asking folks to do their jobs and then they come back to me like "can you say please?" fuck no. if it was up to me i'd fire most of em anyway cause they don't do shit. funny thing is the people that run the show KNOW they don't do shit and all i get are empty promises that they'll address it soon.

and honestly i really don't mean it how they think i do. it's just more of a "hey add this to your list of shit to do and hook it up for at some point." and i even thank em when it's done. but i'm not asking someone to please do their job. and the fact that they feel some type away about it is why i only fuck w/ less than a handful of people outside the job.

am i wrong for being like that tho?