Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPut my closest friends on payroll with 250 K@year salaries.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12725329&mesg_id=12725435
12725435, Put my closest friends on payroll with 250 K@year salaries.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-11-15 06:17 PM
First: Build out a dream home for my family (i.e, wife and kids) ,furnish it to the nines, setup a home theater, gym, a play area for the kids, trick out my home studio a little, setup a basketball court and what have you, build a stocked doomsday shelter, generator, etc. Cop a couple nice but sensible cars, one for my wife, one for me, and perhaps a third family vehicle for travel.

-Setup a living budget- food, utilities, health insurance, life insurance, travel, property taxes, etc.

-Set aside savings, setup some sort of trust for my children, college funds, etc.

-Set aside an investment budget, say, 50 mil. Devote maybe 35% of that into high risk/high reward propositions and invest the rest in varying degrees of conservative risk.

This might include putting a little financial muscle into my ‘big idea’ and hire a couple of people so I can focus on the areas (content) that really drive me.

After that?

-Setup a friends/family budget. Seriously, in Cali, the net payout for this current jackpot after taxes and everything is around $253 mil. No way in hell I don’t pull my people up with me. I could set aside 100 mil for this alone and never blink over it. I’d still have a 100 left (minus that initial setup). Besides, setting some aside for this purpose will help us avoid getting hounded.

-Put my closest friends on payroll. I can’t come up and leave them behind. Every dude in my wedding party would be set for as long as I live, probably around $250k a year. I’d budget for them for, say, 8 years at that rate, and that’s still only 20% of my friends/family budget. The rest of my friends I’d deal with on a case by case basis, but nowhere near the aforementioned 5. We'll see what's up after 8 years. If they can't get self-sufficient after getting 2 mil over 8 years, they don't deserve the money anyways.

-My mom would get a house that I would own and allow her and my step dad to live in.

-I’d deal with my siblings in different ways. My youngest brother would get put on payroll, but not on some baller shit. I’d pay for his college, buy him a decent house, and set him up with like 36k a year through college. We’ll see what’s up after that.

My oldest sister, I’d have to sit down with her and my brother in law and see what they wanted to do. Probably buy them a house, furnish it, and charge them whatever the property taxes are for rent.

The rest of my siblings… who the fuck knows. One other brother would get a nice come up, but the rest is a mixed bag from ‘dead to me’ status to ‘approach with caution’. I’ll have to think about those.

-I have a few cousins (all sisters) that I’d help establish. The rest of my family can kick rocks for all I care.

Far as my dad, lol I might buy his burial plot but that’s about it.