Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's crazy. I was paying $1200 per month for my son, PART TIME in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12724501&mesg_id=12724832
12724832, It's crazy. I was paying $1200 per month for my son, PART TIME in
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Feb-11-15 11:56 AM
day care. He was with my parents 2 days of the week and in day care 3 days. And this was for a mid level day care, there were plenty other options which were nicer but more expensive.

It literally made us plan our family differently. We waited until he was 6 and in school all day to have our second child last year. We definitely would have preferred having them closer in age (and us being done with new kids at a younger age) but there was no way we could afford them both being in day care at the same time.

Even now, he has to be in before and after school care which is around $600 per month because both my wife and I work. Add that to day care costs for the new baby, and then don't forget about summer when he'll need to be in camp or some kind of day care.

I keep trying to convince my wife to stay at home, but she ain't having it after staying at home with the kids during her maternity leave. Too much work.