Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthere are tons of daycares that cost less
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12724501&mesg_id=12724645
12724645, there are tons of daycares that cost less
Posted by John Forte, Wed Feb-11-15 10:07 AM
They tend to be big chains like Brightside Academy. They are terrible, terrible facilities that do just enough to keep the government from closing them down. Their market is low-income black families who qualify for state-subsidized daycare, and they make loot. I toured a couple and they were awful. I asked what their breastmilk policy was, and they were dumbfounded. They didn't have one because they'd never had a breastfed child. The director just said "we provide free formula"

Before my daughter got a spot in her current school, my mother-in-law was staying with us and taking care of our daughter. She had to go home for an emergency and we were left without childcare for 3 days. I called the Brightside Academy located down the street from my office and they told me they could take her for three days. After the first day she had the worst stomach virus and infected the entire family.

The next week, when I stopped by to pick up her diapers, wipes and clothes, they were using my daughter's wipes to change another kid. They asked why I didn't bring her for the other two days I'd paid for, and I said she was sick. The woman said "oh, you coulda still brought her". I was thinking, "you rotten fucking bitch, that's the reason my whole family got sick"