Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhy do you feel this is cooning?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12724434&mesg_id=12725702
12725702, Why do you feel this is cooning?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Feb-12-15 10:09 AM
I thought it was just an unfunny joke at first, but one simple question changed my mind...

http://yourblackworld.net/2015/02/steve-harvey-said-dont-give-damn-holocaust/

What if Steve Harvey had said, “I don’t give a damn about the holocaust?”

The public has made its opinion heard loud and clear to the team of comedian Steve Harvey after he made some damning remarks about slavery. During a recent segment on his daytime talk show, Harvey stated that he “doesn’t give a damn about slavery.”
The remarks were made as part of a joke about how Steve gets out of conversations where he doesn’t understand what the topic is all about.
Some took offense that Steve was making the joke to a white woman because many African Americans must work hard to convince whites that slavery is an important topic. Feeling the heat from the reaction, the Harvey team disabled comments on the Youtube video and continued on with business as usual.
But we were curious about a little experiment: What would happen if Steve had said “I don’t give a damn about the Jewish holocaust?”
Jews are very powerful in the entertainment industry and are very protective of their history and culture. Even the remotest sign of minor disrespect is often met with a furious and powerful reaction. Many believe that Arsenio Hall had his hit show canceled years ago for inviting Min. Louis Farrakhan on the air and letting him speak. Also, Michael Jackson was punished for using one small Jewish slur in a song, even though he meant no harm.
So, we wanted our readers to tell us what would have happened if Steve Harvey had upset the Jews the way he upset the African American community. Would the backlash have been any different? Some of the responses we got were pretty hilarious.
Here’s some of what they said below. Feel free to chime in with your own responses:

Ionfux Wit Urkind he would hav been fired quicker than warren sapp was
Like · Reply · 14 · 46 mins

Roney Perry Lol his empire would have fallen faster than a house of cards.
Unlike · Reply · 13 · 46 mins

Travis Tuck He would be blackballed all the way around.
Unlike · Reply · 7 · 43 mins

Andrea First The Bill Cosby would’ve happened!
Like · Reply · 7 · 42 mins

John Ireland He’d probably have to call Mel Gibson and ask for advice.
Like · Reply · 3 · 39 mins

Antoineke NeNe King Waters Those checks would stop rolling in because they’re the ones writing them!
Like · Reply · 4 · 35 mins

Chris Okoturo They would have gone Bill Cosby on his ass
Like · Reply · 4 · 33 mins

Iam Jacob Fire and blackball for life
Like · Reply · 3 · 31 mins

Gardis Watts Fired and probably arrested for allegations of raping 20 women in the course of 5 years that happened 20 years ago.
Like · Reply · 2 · 30 mins

Origanal Crown Chris Lost his dam job
Like · Reply · 1 · 29 mins

Rhonda HisfirstladyWilson He would’ve lost his talk show
Like · Reply · 1 · 27 mins

Antoine Marshall Show off the air.
Like · Reply · 1 · 27 mins

Patrick Charles Wright No fame or money to his name at all
Like · Reply · 1 · 24 mins

Tamyra Wallace He show would have been cancelled on the spot…black balled in Hollywood
Like · Reply · 1 · 20 mins

Marc Green Tagged as Anti Semite.Disenfranchisement and no more cashola.
Like · Reply · 18 mins

Renae Brooks …plug pulled…and he would willingly offer a public apology…
Like · Reply · 1 · 14 mins

Besie Bennett His career would have ended
Like · Reply · 14 mins

Greg Heru Duenas He would’ve been sittin’ at home with Arsenio.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 11 mins

Besie Bennett I stopped listening to anything that came out his mouth when he said he forgave Paula Dean and called on her to be a mentor to our young black men! That let me know right there he was working for the enemy
Unlike · Reply · 3 · 10 mins · Edited

Larry Ward II Game Over.
Like · Reply · 2 · 9 mins

William Harper He would be off TV and The Radio. Immediately !!!
Like · Reply · 4 mins

Julius A. Williams III You guys can’t take Steve seriously. 90% of what he says is a joke. He is a comedian.
Like · Reply · 2 mins

Kenny Norris The never was a comic, to me need to STFU HE IS A SELL OUT!
Like · Reply · 1 min

Damon Gales CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS ,ABC,CBS, NBC breaking news. Comedian Steve Harvey has just been fired for Anti Semitic tirade on national television. President Obama has condemned Steve Harvey for racist Anti Semitic remarks. Anti defimation league calls for Steve Harvey to be banned from television and his books removed from all stores. Steve Harvey will be called before Congress to answer questions about Anti Semitism and then will be immediately deported from U.S. White woman claims that she was drugged and raped by Steve Harvey in 1995.