Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject:'( :'( :'(
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12723447&mesg_id=12724846
12724846, :'( :'( :'(
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Wed Feb-11-15 12:03 PM
this topic is hitting too close to home
dealing with this in my personal life YET AGAIN
trying to teach these young ladies coming up how to navigate these kinds of murky waters is probably one of the hardest jobs I'll ever have.

I was reflecting over the latest situation with my neighbor
She was talking about telling her niece what to do if she's in a situation where she's making out with her boyfriend and their play starts to progress (sitting up and making out in this case to laying down and making out)

The way she described the talk, it went directly from the making out to sex (it's okay to lay down and make out BUT DON'T HAVE SEX)

o_O

no wonder kids don't know wtf to do
we're jumping from point A to point Z without any acknowledgement of the steps it takes to get there and I pointed this out to my neighbor.
We're telling these kids JUST SAY NO with no connection to the real world and all its nuances PLUS teaching them that the only way to express physical intimacy is sex. You don't just magically start go straight from making out to fucking (if you're grown then yes but we're not talking about that right now), there's kissing, licking, sucking, dry humping etc. All perfectly acceptable ways of expressing physical intimacy.

I say all this to say that I agree with more comprehensive sex education including consent from both parents and educators which has echoed all up and down this post.