Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: the fact that you're insisting on throwing in that second option
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12723447&mesg_id=12724627
12724627, RE: the fact that you're insisting on throwing in that second option
Posted by Cenario, Wed Feb-11-15 10:01 AM
>the fact that a person could not grasp why a woman is deserving of respect simply because she is a human being just like him off top is a MOTHERFUCKING PROBLEM and it's central to this entire discussion.

I don't disagree with that at all. that is a problem that can't be fixed/taught overnight. Treating another individual the same way you'd want people to treat someone you care about can be understood overnight. While working on the major problem, do the 2nd one.

>And even allowing that second option really doesn't mean shit because some men will know a woman is someone's sister, daughter, cousin, auntie, etc. and STILL violate her so all those dismissive assumptions you're making mean squat when at the core of their mindstate as it pertains to women is the idea that women are somehow less worthy of personhood than men.

I didn't say treat them like they are someone's sister, i said treat them how you'd want your sister treated. If they can't grasp that, find a way that they can grasp.

>We gotta get back to square one before we can unpack any of this bullshit.

I said square 1 first, so again we don't disagree smh