Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwho is taught to rape?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12723447&mesg_id=12724539
12724539, who is taught to rape?
Posted by MiracleRic, Wed Feb-11-15 09:29 AM
i mean...it happens i'm sure but i'd find it hard to believe that date rapists and stereotypical rapist weren't taught by parents not to rape...

i wasn't explicitly taught not to rape... never raped

i guess in the grayer areas it will help take the numbers down a tad...

but we have a culture where relationships, sex, and power and the access to those social resources is currency...

if you teach your kid to be ambitious and to go out for what he wants...at some point if conflicts no matter how much emphasis u put on one to the other...

and society reinforces it...

i'm not saying it shouldn't be done...i think it is being done...maybe it could be done better or more explicitly but yea...

we are all taught not to lie...yet we all do...

i don't think rape is as inevitable as lying clearly...just saying a parent's teaching is gonna take a backseat to real life social pressures more often than not

so many other societal changes need to occur for it to be remotely as effective as we seem to think it will be...direction of pursuit, puritanical views about sex, and more peer-policing

it's a thin line between aggressive prince charming and predator and i think if that changes...we will see NOTICEABLE reduction of social rape