Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere is not a iota of logic you could share with me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12723008&mesg_id=12723361
12723361, There is not a iota of logic you could share with me
Posted by initiationofplato, Tue Feb-10-15 12:15 PM
that would justify the argument that your family does not deserve love and respect. Even if you can't "love" them, you respect them.

I come from a disciplinary home. To this day I do not resent my childhood or the fallout it created. I have a boat full of reasons that I could use to hate/not love people/not communicate with certain people in my family, but I do not believe in discarding people or throwing them away. The best revenge I can exact is to be loving and kind, understanding, and patient.

That is how you break the cycles of psychological and physical oppression. You don't do what is expected. You listen with patience, respond with reason, act with compassion, and that will be enough to make the people that hurt you think. People are not evil or bad, they are simply ignorant and need to be taught.

Believe it or not, the resentment you can carry from your family only finds its imprint on your own children.