Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthe double edged sword of communication
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12722985&mesg_id=12722985
12722985, the double edged sword of communication
Posted by zombiechick, Tue Feb-10-15 07:30 AM
okay so...

I've always fancied myself as the chillest of chill, the homiest of homies, and ergo well versed in the the manner of speaking that is dudes.

That theory has probably been debunked more than a couple of times but on my end the method of verbiage remains the same; I'm normally direct, succinct, and happy to keep the conversation going. Fast forward to maybe a month ago when I'm on a second or third date with a friend (a self proclaimed lifetime bachelor) of mine and we reach the potentially tempestuous minefield that is "what are we doing?"

These days I keep it open minded and free to interpretation, I stress my desire for autonomy and my really busy schedule so obviously nothing has to be written in stone. Therefore, we agree that we're just seeing each other which as far as I knew that's dating or kicking it.

Yesterday he asks me if it's okay to I guess claim or cuff me the next time we see our friends. I have no issue with this but I figured exclusivity was gonna be nonexistent *shrug*.

Why can't folks really put their cards on the table?