Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthe double edged sword of communication
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12722985
12722985, the double edged sword of communication
Posted by zombiechick, Tue Feb-10-15 07:30 AM
okay so...

I've always fancied myself as the chillest of chill, the homiest of homies, and ergo well versed in the the manner of speaking that is dudes.

That theory has probably been debunked more than a couple of times but on my end the method of verbiage remains the same; I'm normally direct, succinct, and happy to keep the conversation going. Fast forward to maybe a month ago when I'm on a second or third date with a friend (a self proclaimed lifetime bachelor) of mine and we reach the potentially tempestuous minefield that is "what are we doing?"

These days I keep it open minded and free to interpretation, I stress my desire for autonomy and my really busy schedule so obviously nothing has to be written in stone. Therefore, we agree that we're just seeing each other which as far as I knew that's dating or kicking it.

Yesterday he asks me if it's okay to I guess claim or cuff me the next time we see our friends. I have no issue with this but I figured exclusivity was gonna be nonexistent *shrug*.

Why can't folks really put their cards on the table?
12723001, every one is afraid of being hurt
Posted by Binlahab, Tue Feb-10-15 08:35 AM
so if you express like that desire to be monogamous or whatever first, theres an element of you putting yourself out there and searching the other person out...

& we all wanna be the prey & not the hunter.

too cool for school

"oh yeah lets get together unless you dont want to, we can do what you want to do, etc"

because forthrightly saying HEY! i want YOU makes you thirsty in 2015

god forbid one is thirsty. so we all exert juuussst the barest essential energy into something. leave it up to the other person. they chose me. ego. i could go on.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
12723009, eh I'm just not for the mushy stuff these days
Posted by zombiechick, Tue Feb-10-15 08:58 AM
let's hang for a couple hours

smash fantastic

I'll cook something then I'll dip

feelings are awkward, messy things

I'd just rather not

plus I finally renounced awkwardness and the niggas that subscribe to it
12723025, Do you not see the problem with this?
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Tue Feb-10-15 09:17 AM

>Yesterday he asks me if it's okay to I guess claim or cuff me
>the next time we see our friends. I have no issue with this
>but I figured exclusivity was gonna be nonexistent *shrug*.
12723067, not really
Posted by zombiechick, Tue Feb-10-15 09:56 AM
this guy's never come across game goofy

so in my mind it's a practice run, like I've previously stated, this dude has sworn he's on that George Clooney til he dies so I'll keep treating it as such

I'm wary of folks who don't drive slow so I try to peep game from a distance
12723075, If he's fucking you NSA with no expectations and no drama
Posted by ndibs, Tue Feb-10-15 10:01 AM
He doesn't want someone who's offering more than dick trying to get at you.

This doesn't mean he wants a commitment or anything serious or really Likes you.

He just likes that you're accepting of his no commitment, all I'm offering is dick schtick.
12723090, this doesn't sound like exclusivity
Posted by luminous, Tue Feb-10-15 10:12 AM
12723116, noap, sho don't
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Tue Feb-10-15 10:31 AM