Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhich would you choose: perfect on paper, but you're not physically attracted vs. physically attracted, but so-so on paper.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12722514
12722514, Which would you choose: perfect on paper, but you're not physically attracted vs. physically attracted, but so-so on paper.
Posted by dew drops, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
The never ending dilemma, choosing between someone who you want to have sex with ASAP, but is mediocre on paper vs. the one who you'd have to do some mental preparation to have sex with, but will treat you well. It's a hard situation. What do y'all choose? What's your criteria in making the decision? If you've been in this situation before, did you ever wonder if you made the wrong choice?

Poll question: Which would you choose: perfect on paper, but you're not physically attracted vs. physically attracted, but so-so on paper.

Poll result (8 votes)
perfect on paper, but not physically attracted. (1 votes)Vote
physically attracted, but so-so on paper. (5 votes)Vote
Neither (2 votes)Vote
I don't date cause #genderwarz (0 votes)Vote

12722543, basically am currently in this situation.
Posted by Nodima, Mon Feb-09-15 03:56 PM
constantly curious if I made the right choice.

and I s'pose I'm exaggerating because I was physically attracted to the perfect-on-paper girl, and we had sex much more often, but she was perfect-on-paper in that classic sort of way, not necessarily perfect for ME. plus she was in AA, and I'm a bartender, and eventually my lifestyle clashed with hers in a way that made me worried I wasn't healthy for her (she relapsed).

but I'll definitely say I was much less stressed out and way more sexually satisfied with this girl I found kind of plain as a personality but very loving and caring (would do stuff like stay up until 3AM to come pick me up from work or randomly show up with new towels or a recipe to try and cook) whereas I'm constantly engaged and on my toes with this other girl I'm much more attracted to physically and mentally yet there's a ton of baggage that would make a lesser man or more aggressive man really lose their shit quick.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
12722545, i've lived this.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Feb-09-15 03:57 PM
i won't ever make the mistake of choosing someone to whom i'm insufficiently physically attracted simply b/c he's good on paper. it didn't work. i'm not about that life.
12722630, that's where I'm at with it.
Posted by dew drops, Mon Feb-09-15 04:45 PM
If I don't find you physically attractive, no amount of personality or looking good on paper will get me aroused.
12722551, Ilana Glazer
Posted by Government Name, Mon Feb-09-15 04:03 PM
my bad, wrong post
12722793, lol
Posted by stankpalmer, Mon Feb-09-15 07:47 PM
12722587, It's superficial for me to focus on paper.
Posted by Kira, Mon Feb-09-15 04:23 PM
We can always work on shit together as a couple but give me physically attractive woman over the one that is perfect on paper.

Can I have both?
On paper for me is different than another person's sheet of paper. I don't have a Kameelah ass list or anything but at least have the essentials.

12722846, Is the perfect on paper bitch rich? Then he'll yeah
Posted by Billy Ray Valentine, Mon Feb-09-15 09:11 PM