Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRegular exercise and moderating stress and what I ate relieved my symptoms
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12722263&mesg_id=12722989
12722989, Regular exercise and moderating stress and what I ate relieved my symptoms
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Tue Feb-10-15 08:01 AM
>
>The earliest sign that your stomach is damaged is constant gas
>or a lot of gas after consuming a meal, gurgling, followed by
>intense/painful acid re-flux, and horrible bathroom
>experiences.

I went through a crazy year or so (14 hr days at work, multiple happy hours a week, etc) where my existing reflux/ulcer issues got really bad and it wasn't until I made my health a priority that I was able to overcome it.

It turned out I had excessive H Pylori but I couldn't take the medicine for it. Luckily I was able to pay attention to my body and modify my lifestyle enough to get it under control. If I let my lifestyle get out of balance, my body will revolt so now that's a natural motivator to stay fit, watch what I consume and not take life too seriously.

I can still eat everything you've mentioned but now I'm fully aware of the impact it will have on me. In the past I just accepted feeling shitty occasionally as being normal. As I started to "hack" my diet I was able to associate certain foods with certain reactions in my body and determine what I could eat in moderation and what I needed to avoid altogether.