Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmore Blacks answered a Gallup poll saying they're
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12722121&mesg_id=12722348
12722348, more Blacks answered a Gallup poll saying they're
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Feb-09-15 01:45 PM
'very religious' or 'moderately religious' more whites say they're 'non-religious'.

the survey allowed ppl to define the terms themselves. so i dunno what it means for those folks to be very/moderately/non religious (which faith(s)? attend religious service(s)? et al). and i dunno what role religion plays in their lives, if any. so based on that i can't agree that Blacks are more religious in actuality and definitely not conservative Xtian.

and even if blacks are more religious (whatever that means) it doesn't necessarily follow that we're more homophobic. to know that we'd need to know what religions are at issue, what those religions say about homosexuality, how much importance blacks place on what their religion says about homosexuality, whether blacks tend to agree w/what their religion says about homosexuality, and how likely blacks are to act based on what their religion says about homosexuality. among other things.

again - the main reason i push back against the idea that blacks are more homophobic is that i tend to hear that line from ppl who also believe white are morally superior. also b/c the idea contradicts my personal experience.