Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe real question: Is there enough "other" support to force a runoff?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12720543&mesg_id=12720587
12720587, The real question: Is there enough "other" support to force a runoff?
Posted by ChiBrownSkinLady, Fri Feb-06-15 12:54 PM
And will that candidate have enough left in their war chest to be competitive? I honestly wish the other candidates just chose one amongst themselves who they thought had the best shot of slaying MRE and combined forces and resources to mount a more serious and competitive campaign.

That said, most polls are saying most Chicagoans have either no opinion about the other candidates or they don't know who the fuck they are at all. My more politically engaged friends have mostly been supporting Chuy, at least the ones willing to show their support publicly. Aside from news outlets and journos, it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of conversation about the race at all through my social media feeds. If anything I see anti-Rahm sentiment, but not a whole lot of advocacy for anyone else. It seemed like there was a lot more conversation four years ago. I guess that's the incumbent advantage?