Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectN.Y. Cop Draws Gun on Black Youths to Halt Snowball Fight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12717895
12717895, N.Y. Cop Draws Gun on Black Youths to Halt Snowball Fight
Posted by neuro_OSX, Wed Feb-04-15 05:58 AM
I don't even have words for this bullshit

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/02/watch_n_y_cop_draw_guns_on_black_youths_to_halt_snowball_fight.html
12717911, diseased rhinoceros pizzle
Posted by double negative, Wed Feb-04-15 08:31 AM
12717971, New Rochelle Cop, not NYPD
Posted by Cam, Wed Feb-04-15 09:45 AM
Not to confuse Philadelphia with suburban PA, but a Hummelstown Cop kills a man, while he peacefully surrendered after fleeing a traffic stop

http://www.wgal.com/news/breaking-coroner-called-to-scene-of-policeinvolved-shooting-in-dauphin-county/31054894
12718772, wait that's a different story than what's in your supplied link
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Feb-04-15 05:12 PM
>Not to confuse Philadelphia with suburban PA, but a
>Hummelstown Cop kills a man, while he peacefully surrendered
>after fleeing a traffic stop

but the story says:
Officer Lisa Mearkle with the Hummelstown Police Department attempted to make a traffic stop on Kassick around 4 p.m. He fled and drove to his residence on the first block of Grandview Road in South Hanover Township and Mearkle followed, state police said.

Once at the residence, Kassick fled on foot behind his house where an altercation with the Mearkle occurred. Shots were fired by Mearkle.

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12718165, Horrible
Posted by Chanson, Wed Feb-04-15 11:28 AM
12718287, Damn.
Posted by 8-bit, Wed Feb-04-15 12:22 PM
12718294, To be fair, they might have been Dominican. He was protecting them
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-04-15 12:29 PM
as well as private property.

They could have been throwing wadded up paper towels for all he knew, but with a (potentially) Dominican throwing arm the potential for serious personal injury or property damage is still incredibly high.
12718355, one of the comments said "the predicate is set for murder":
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Feb-04-15 01:05 PM

And when he says "Don't f*cking move, guys." the predicate is set for murder. Had they made any move toward him, because one of them was deaf or had an ear infection, he would have shot them and been acquitted because failure to follow directions is sufficient justification for murder by cop. There's no going back. There're too many guns and these people aren't properly trained.

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12718427, honestly, when people are filming something like this, i do NOT
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Feb-04-15 01:38 PM
trust their commentary. well sometimes i do, but i don't take it as law.

haha the funniest one was when i saw two cops tryna cuff a dude. and the person video taping was like "they just hit him for no reason, he's not even resisting!" dude was resisting his ass off.

point is, i don't just arbitrarily believe anyone on these vids, cops, perps, or the video takers...

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12718436, I follow cop block and the free thought project
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-04-15 01:45 PM
I've learned to scrutinize their work because they can definitely be on that Michael Moore shit, omitting key details and/or just plain over-hyping some shit.

12718441, yep
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Feb-04-15 01:49 PM

12718546, Cop Block is the fucking worst.
Posted by PlanetInfinite, Wed Feb-04-15 02:42 PM

i'm out.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Feb-04-15 02:48 PM
They’ve definitely got some problems, like the people who go out with the sole purpose of antagonizing cops for a reaction or making a huge deal out of the guy who got roughed up and arrested for attacking an officer because the cops wouldn’t let him run into a burning building to get his dog.

All in all though? They report a shit ton of things that would simply fall by the wayside otherwise, and that’s valuable.
12718444, who remembers this DC cop from 2009 snowball fight /w gun
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Feb-04-15 01:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

while he's standing there with the gun....they throw more snowballs at him *smh* haha they were just randomly throwing snowballs at passing cars, allegedly. eff that, don't be throwing shit at my car

12718534, cops say they were responding to a 911 call about a person pointing a gun
Posted by SeV, Wed Feb-04-15 02:38 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/westchester-pulls-gun-teens-snowball-fight-article-1.2099426#bmb=1

but im banned tho.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!
12718567, This has to go back to the Police I.Q.
Posted by Case_One, Wed Feb-04-15 02:50 PM

"Today is your day to have a better life -- it's your right."
12718706, ain't nan snowball or splattered snow on the street or sidewalk lol
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Feb-04-15 04:21 PM
12718807, ain't nan girl standing around when a civilian waving a gun lol
Posted by Riot, Wed Feb-04-15 06:06 PM