Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject1) Im not mad at The Roots or Jimmy Fallon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12716431&mesg_id=12719719
12719719, 1) Im not mad at The Roots or Jimmy Fallon
Posted by atruhead, Thu Feb-05-15 02:53 PM
the post asked how Jimmy Fallon isn't the GOAT. I made a snide remark. it's not the end of the world

>But you're criticizing grown men for how they feed their
>families?

2) Nowhere did I imply that The Roots shouldn't feed their families or earn a living on TV. I dont have to enjoy it though (and I dont so I never tune in)

to be 100% clear (not that you're owed any sort of explanation), I was cool with the roots being the backup band for Fallon's performing artists and playing the walk on music. When they started getting involved in comedic sketches that didn't amuse me, that's where I stopped being so cool with it

Do I think The Roots are actual minstrels? Not really. but it got my point across in a way that compelled people to reply

there's also the whole "The drummer can go by his stage name, but the rapper has to go by Tariq because his stage name is too scary" thing that doesn't sit quite well with me. but I'm sure you'll find a way to defend that as well